Saturday, July 19, 2008

New Bracelet






well... the cellini spiral has made no progress... just haven't been in the mood. SO I decided to try out something new. I've had these beautiful turquoise colored seed beads floating around my stash forever and just didn't know what to do with them. They screamed summer to me... but generally when I am bead weaving, I am using crystals, or single sized seed beads. It wasn't until recently that I realized (duh, I'm a bonehead) that mixing sizes can make some really cool designs. I see others using them together... but I thought that it would be WAY over my head.. plus at the rate I am going with the cellini spiral... I thought it would take me forever to make and complete something else, that intricate. I was totally wrong and so excited with the results I even got inspired enough to make a beaded clasp. (totally excited with how that turned out to!) So now I am feeling so inspired. Hopefully I can convince the DH to take the kids and LEAVE ME ALONE for a few hours, and see what I can come up with! I have not been excited about my progress lately, with listing new pieces in my shop, so hopefully this weekend I can bust out some new pieces and see what happens... some sales would be great. My hubby is forbidding me from buying any new beads until I sell something. (not that forbidding would actually stop me... but he tries..hehe) we shall see...

5 comments:

SarahKelley said...

Well this is beautiful too! It's great that you're tackling the more challenging stitches:)
Now go finish that glorious pink spiral!

GrandmaMarilyn said...

My hubby would love to see me sell something else too. By the way, bracelet is beautiful.

and, yes, go finish that pink spiral.

MyFairLadyVT4 said...

This is great. I love these colors together.

Carol Dean Sharpe said...

I love this bracelet! Beautiful color and such wonderful texture :D

Marlaine said...

That bracelet is gorgeous. I love the pattern in the loop of the closure too!